Destinations PIA Flights are Open to
Due to Covid-19 pandemic, a number of countries have restricted travel to and from Pakistan. PIA being the national flag carrier of Pakistan has been especially hit hard by these restrictions. Here we will outline various countries where PIA is currently flying and who is allowed to travel aboard these flights.
Currently flights are operating between Pakistan and Afghanistan. Passengers must have a negative PCR test report (test taken at least 96 hours prior).
Limited number of flights are operating as entry to the Kingdom is restricted to Bahraini citizens, residents, GCC citizens who don’t need visas. The PCR negative test is mandatory for all passengers.
Currently, limited PIA flights are operating to Toronto, Canada. Passengers are subject to self-isolation/quarantine for 14 days after arrival. Passengers from Pakistan must have a negative nucleic acid PCR, serum IgM antibody and IgG antibody test result for COVID-19, the test performed from an authorized lab within 72 hours before flight departure.
Passengers taking regular commercial flights to China, or transferring from flights via other countries, are required to provide a nucleic acid test for COVID-19 with negative results within 3 days.
Limited PIA flights are operating to France. Passengers traveling from Pakistan will be allowed to enter France only for the reasons mentioned in the International Circulation Attestation form. PCR test certificate with a negative result, taken less than 36 hours before the flight.A negative PCR or antigenic test no more than 48 hours prior to departure (departure of the first flight in case of connecting flights) is required.
All passengers traveling to Korea must have a negative PCR (COVID-19) test.
All passengers traveling to Kuwait from Pakistan are subject to 14-days home quarantine after arrival as well as hold negative PCR test taken up to 96 hours prior to arrival in Kuwait. Limited PIA flights operating.
PIA is operating special charter flights from Islamabad & Lahore to Bishkek. Pakistani citizens who hold any valid visa (student/visit/work) can travel to Bishkek. All passengers must have a negative PCR test taken within 72 hrs.
PIA flights are operating to Tashkent, Uzbekistan. All Passengers must have a negative COVID-19 PCR test result. The test must have been taken at most 72 hours before the departure of the flight to Uzbekistan.
Only following passengers from Pakistan to Malaysia are allowed to enter the country:
- All expatriates (including categories I, II, III, RP-T, PVP, & Dependents)
- Maid visa for all above expatriates
- Spouse with Long Term Pass
- MM2H Visa – eff 5 Oct request to re enter Malaysia is subject to the approval of the Director General of Immigration. Passenger must register here for approval: Register Stranded MM2H Visa Holder
- Foreign students
- UN/WHO/UNDP passport holders will need entry approval from Director General of Immigration
- Seafarers who need to sing-on/sign-off the ship
- Operating airline crew must present general declaration for next flight operation
- Oil & gas industry crew will need entry approval from Director General of Immigration
- Few PIA flights operate from Pakistan to Malaysia.
All arriving passengers are subject to the PCR test. GCC & Omani citizens and residents with valid resident cards and valid visas are allowed to enter without any prior approval. As of 15th February 2021, visitors with new visas are allowed to enter Oman. Passengers must have pre-confirmed hotel reservations for all arrivals on their flights covering the mandatory quarantine period (at least 7 nights) at their own expenses.
Currently only the following categories of passengers are allowed:
- Qatari citizens and GCC citizens, their spouses, children, parents, and companions under their sponsorship, who are holding a valid Qatar Residency Permit and traveling on the same flight, must travel with the Exceptional Entry Permit.
- Permanent Residency holders.
- Other residents with Exceptional Entry Permit.
Despite Saudi Arabia’s international flight operations being resumed, Pakistan and a number of other countries will still be barred from entering the kingdom.
Before travelling to the UAE, the following requirements are to be fulfilled:
1) Have approval to travel. Passengers must bring a printout of acceptance/verification received.
For Dubai visa/GDRFA holders:
Holding re-entry permit – eligibility status can be verified from https://smart.gdrfad.gov.ae/PUBLIC_TH/StatusInquiry_New.aspx.
Not holding re-entry permit – eligibility status can be verified fromhttps://smart.gdrfad.gov.ae/Smart_OTCServicesPortal/ReturnPermitServiceForm.aspx
Except for British & Irish nationals, and those with residence rights in the UK (including long-term visa holders) all other travelers from Pakistan are banned from entering the UK.
Pre-Register now to get updates
Due to latest travel restrictions, flights to this route may be unavailable. By pre-registering, you will get flight updates as soon as they are available for this route:
- Get instant update once travel opens for this route.
- Get access to member only discounts and get notified when airlines launch sales.
- Extra convenience during your booking process.